From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:28:24 GMT
On 11/26/2012 4:55 AM, Frédéric THOMAS wrote:

> Are this big companies really not using anything that doesn't have an
> open
> license?

  Interesting note about this; the default contract for one of my
current clients was that they had to own all code I delivered for them.
The wording was pretty explicit; and I pointed out that meant I would
not be able to make use of any open source software, such as
frameworks.  The project lead understood the implications right away,
but it still took some work to get legal to carve out an exception.

  The company in question uses plenty of things that don't have an open
license, though.  ( Windows and MacOS being two prime examples )