From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:49:10 GMT
If you consider Cordova only as short term answer, for POC achievement,
thats ok for me.
But its not viable as a final solution, because it would be giving up on
great performances for native apps compared to native code usage directly.

We have to find out how much work it really is to create something like
FalconJava. If its not much time of work, its ok, if not, its a big
weakness against Haxe which has already a great background and decent
community around it!!
But moreover, you'r talking about FalconJS, FalconJava etc but if i
understand your strategy it will be needed only for Logic code right?
But the big performances killer on mobile is more on the UI side if i'm
not wrong. especially when you compare HTML5/JS with Flash.
And targetting a new device, does not mean only to get FalconNewLanguage
but also the MXML transcompilation to the new native UI runtime. And i
believe that its the biggest amount of work for each new target.

If AS3/Cordova POC and Haxe POC are two satisfying results.
What do you thing of keeping both?
As we are starting from scratch, its not so hard to keep synch of two
code base with two different languages (but very similar. using
automatic tools to do at least half of the translation).
With such a dual solution, we can use the best of the two solutions for
our needs.

I still don't understand why you say that if we don't use AS3, current
flex users would have wider choice.
We are all pushing flex future, especially because there is no mature
alternative that can really compete with flex.