From Daniel Wasilewski <devudes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:07:02 GMT

> A component is an encapsulation of code, and its API is its contract.  To
> the extend that you can hide aspects of the target inside components and
> fulfill those contracts, and to the extent that an application is an
> assembly of components with some glue code, then yes.
>
> For sure, you can't do everything you can do in Flash on other targets (or
> it might be very hard or very slow), but the question is, for any Flex app
> you built, how much Flash-specific stuff was truly required?  We may not
> apply a blur to the background when an Alert goes up in the new framework,
> but does that really matter?
Not much, output behaviour could vary and still be a platform dependant
but having one consistent environment that you can write your code in
familiar language would save us from many obstacles. Those sort of
things could be sorted out by having Flex IDE, while you choosing a
target platform not available features could just grey-out or give you
less options to choose from.