From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:08:41 GMT
JavaScript is evolving with ECMAScript harmony 6, it's just incredibly
slow to standardize on the new stuff, and even slower before you can
really use most of it in practice.

But there are at least two attempts to build ES6 compilers that work
today. There's TypeScript (Microsoft), which adds a lot of ES6
proposals, including classes and the arrow operator, but also adds a lot
more strictness and static typing (not part of ES6). There's also
Traceur-compiler (Google?), which I haven't looked at as much, but which
does similar things without the static type support (I think).

Kevin N.