From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:28:48 GMT
The main problem is bigger than that. Adobe through it's marketing has
told everyone that Flash is for Games. They have been actively working
against the idea that Flash is about ubiquity (they could pick that up
again, AIR fills the gap, but I don't see any signs they will).

That story is basically dead at Adobe, so it'll be hard to find
customers for a platform that relies on that narrative. "You want me to
build my business app on a gaming platform? No thanks."

Flex could still run with that narrative. A build once deploy everywhere
RIA solution. I don't think the marketing will work if flex is tied to
Adobe's gaming platform, especially while they are actively working
against the ubiquity story (their evangelists have been actively warning
against building non-gaming apps with Flash).

Flex would need a completely new and independent narrative to make it
work. An additional open source thread could really go a long way to
address the feeling of having been burned by the Adobe and their pivot
to gaming exclusivity.

A port to HaXe addresses these issues, while maintaining support for
legacy code bases.

Kevin N.