From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 04:31:14 GMT
Just some notes on Starling:

* Starling is written in AS3, so that'd need to be ported to HaXe along
with everything else (unless you just use it for the Flash target).

* Native Apps: Starling uses Stage3D, which NME doesn't (yet) support
(afaik, and I did just look somewhat recently). I suppose you could just
write an NME target directly from Flex (as discussed on another thread),
and then use it's backends.

* HTML5 target: Starling would basically need to be rewritten in JS and
WebGL and/or Canvas (required for IE). Actually, there may be an NME
target for HTML5 - that'd be pretty convenient, if an NME target is
already complete.

Kevin N.