From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 18:47:26 GMT
On 11/17/2012 12:31 PM, s├ębastien Paturel wrote:
> yes unity can output swf now.
> but they had their own plugin before stage3D.
> And unity will compete with Adobe on the tooling part which is where
> Adobe wants to make money.

  I don't believe that is a complete understanding.

  Not all of Adobe's Flash Platform money is coming from tooling. They
have those premium features (
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/premium-features.html )
which have a weird licensing model w/ a percentage of revenue.  I assume
that be the way forward how Adobe makes money; with Tools and the open
screen project being secondary.

  Previously, I thought the bulk of the money Flash Player made--in the
past--was via the ads in the installer.  [That stupid toolbar checkbox
everyone forgets to unclick when installing or updating Flash Player] [I
don't know numbers, but I've been told it was an obscene amount].  That
revenue is going away as Flash Player moves to "silent updates".

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur