From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:47:28 GMT
Hi,
yes i totally agree.
thats why the haxe way seems better for now. And thats why i still don't
see any satisfying way to keep flex in AS3 for its long term future.
Justin, you did not answer "what is the essence of flex" for you? :)

Le 17/11/2012 17:41, Justin Mclean a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> can flex outputed to HTML/JS perform as good as flex outputed to flash runtimes?
> Well as we can't do that yet it's an unknown. However from what I've seen of the Falcon
JS compiler the answer is that ActionScript running in flash runtime is much faster. However
it's not just a mater of raw performance but more that Flex is optimised to work with the
Flash Player (frame frames, elastic racetrack, drawing api, display list etc etc) and that's
not how JS engines work.

>> Can the next flex (re written) outputed to HTML/JS perform as good as current flex
outputed to flash runtimes?
> I doubt it (but see above) and I think it would take a large amount of time and effort
to do so. We know a little more when we get our hands on Falcon JS.

>> If not, i would conclude that the use of Apache Cordova is not a good solution as
a path to get rid of Adobes runtimes dependency.
> If you were making simple mobile app perhaps. I do know of several project that tried
Cordova and found that performance wasn't what they required and decided to go native.