From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 15:05:54 GMT
Hi Carlos,
By the way thank you for the initiative :)
Yes i agree that theres a point about simple use cases against complex
app use cases.
But if we must consider different solution for every target, it will be
much more difficult to achieve and maintain, compared to a global
solution which can fit to all use cases.
I think that Haxe is such a "all use cases" solution when AS3 + Cordova
is not (unless someone proves the contrary).

But one thought here, maybe mad one
if we really start a re write from scratch, why not maintain two
language versions of the new framework?
one in AS3 with Alex solution (whatever it is) for cross platform which
has the big advantage to keep using the already existing AS3 code around
and make the transition more easy.
And in parallel tranlate it to haxe which would be a beter solution for
very new projects (still has to be discussed of course).
I think that:
- its doable, as AS3 and haxe are very similar, and if we port any new
piece of code created in AS3 to haxe anytime time its checked in, it
should not be so much work to achieve and to keep in synch.
- it gives the best of the two worlds.
I agree that its a bit a contradiction with what i complained just above :p