From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:20:47 GMT

  I'm still doing some new development; however the question of "Why not
HTML5" is coming up more and more frequently

On 11/16/2012 5:09 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:
> I think that developers can continue to build good apps with AS3 and V11, but I'm assuming
-- perhaps wrongly -- that the demand for them is going to decrease because companies see
that Adobe is no longer investing many resources in them. Hasn't demand already fallen off
over the last year? Are developers on this list still able to earn a living building new Flex
apps, or are you maintaining old ones?

> - Gordon

go into maintenance mode, then AS5 etc.. What I don't understand is why AS3 is not good enough
for a Flex 5 version or even Flex
> 6 which will export to multiple targets. Can you elaborate on that?
>
> Output should be a invisible layer (JS, iOS, Android, SWF, .. Shouldn't matter for the
developer). I think most developers like Flex because of the ease-of-use(binding,mxml), rapid
development(OOP, components, ..) and multiplatform (mobile, desktop, ..) and I don't see the
need for AS4 there҆ but I'm not export on the subject (just eager to learn more about

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur