From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architectured?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:26:20 GMT
Le 16/11/2012 17:53, Alex Harui a écrit :
>   I still remain
> convinced that once you force folks to rewrite their business logic in
> another language, then they are more likely to review all of the
> possibilities out there, and there are currently many, like Sencha,
> PhoneGap/Cordova, going native for mobile
But they are JS frameworks and native dev is not comparable to multi
platform development.
In fact i think that some flex users already made a switch to native dev
because of the lack of visibility for flex future.

I can't wait to ear about what you have to propose for the #2 objective.
Maybe thats why you are more confident about the "keep AS3" solution.
But your final objective is to get full backward compatibility at the end?
Because you are the one who convinced me that a full rewrite was
inavitable, so if we don't have full compability at the end of the
rewrite, why using AS3 is so important for third party code already
existing?

Do you think that trying to keep things like AS3 won't be paid by huge
performances issues?