From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:37:06 GMT
if i get it well, we'r not talking about converting the framework to
haxe, but to rewrite the framework from scratch on haxe. and using the
same (or almost) flex API.
It seems so far that trying to port an existing flex to HTML5 whether it
is with flex on haxe, or any other choice, will be quite a dream. Your
best chance is on FalconJs which is only prototype and has low perfs
IMO we are more trying to find a way for future new projects to be fully
cross platforms, but old ones will be stuck with current targets.

Le 16/11/2012 17:18, Justin Mclean a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> Some months ago my thoughts was very different, but right now that a full
>> rewrite is required, my opinion is clear about what to choose, and for
>> something new, I choose Haxe.
> Can you outline what would be require to convert the existing Flex framework for use
with Haxe? MXML (and binding) would be a stumbling block no?

> Assuming it was complete? How hard would it be for existing applications to be converted
to use the new framework?

> I'm rather sceptical than even if the Flex framework was converted to Haxe (via conversion
tools or otherwise) and we could target JS that way that it would be performant. unless someone
tried I guess we don't know.