From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architecture?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:37:30 GMT
If you find the magic solution fine :)
But let me doubt of such a magic solution, when i see that Adobe did
tried this path.  When FalconJS is only prototype and far to be
efficient. When Haxe made some changes to AS3 especially to be able to
compile efficiently to many targets.

Le 16/11/2012 15:07, Kessler CTR Mark J a écrit :
> I would say it's possible given how it's compiled.  So having a robust compiler or different
compilers for different target environments could be possible.

Having more deployed targets based on what we have currently sounds like a way to broaden
our target audience.

>>      How about we continue to correct and fix the current Flex framework.  Could
we start a new namespace that we could use to build up a partial new framework for a future
transition to?  It just feels like rewriting everything from scratch would take a long time
and would basically be a separate project.

>>      I'm also envisioning the amount of work the developers using Flex will have
to go through to convert to a completely new framework.