From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FALCON] Problem with \uFEFF chararcters in mustella files
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:34:04 GMT
On 11/16/2012 4:58 PM, Cyrill Zadra wrote:
> I may have found the problem. It looks like there are files where the
> BOM isn't at the beginning of a file and thats the case where falcon
> can run into problems.

if the files are UTF-8 encoded, the BOM is optional & really has no meaning
(there's only the one byte order direction in UTF-8). if a BOM is present it
*has* to be at the start of the text stream. if the files are intended as ASCII
then the BOM shouldn't be in there at all (ASCII chars are represented as
themselves in UTF-8 anyway).

just saying...