From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to prepare Apache Flex 5 to run in the new AVM in Flashplayer 12?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:47:03 GMT
Le 15/11/2012 21:01, Justin Mclean a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> It seems that until today, some commiters like Alex consider the actual code base
too monolithic (it still brings some old code made to optimize for AS2) to be able to refactor
it as we need, even breaking UIComponent seems to be quite difficult.
> Difficult but not impossible IMO. I've yet to see the code from anyone who had a serious
attempt at doing this.
I think that Alex tried it already.

> I can't see the new VM giving us any benefits in the short term, so perhaps best to see
how different it actually is before speculating on hard it might be to port Flex to it?
The most important part is not the VM differences, but the language
differences. And Gordon who has access to AS4 specs, was saying that it
was quite a big task.