From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Kick starter
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:00:51 GMT
On 11/14/2012 1:02 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> @Jeffry, If someone hooked up the autocomplete logic to a proprietary
> natural language processing library, that would probably be a problem, but I
> doubt that will be the case.

  AutoComplete functionality is currently exposed via a filterFunction
property; which works just like the filterFunction on an
ArrayCollection.  The default filterFunction we provide uses regex.

> What I am concerned about, though, is that it
> is based on your Flextras Autocomplete, so I think that means you/we have to
> make sure the copyrights are handled correctly and proper paperwork is filed
> for any code copyrighted to a legal entity other than you.  Are the
> copyrights in the existing code to Jeffry Houser or some other entity that
> you control?

  Technically the copyrights are owned by DotComIt, LLC which happens to
be a single person company owned by me.
  My intent was to just add the Apache headers to the code and commit
them to my whiteboard.  My intuition is that this will not be a "huge"
code base.  But, if necessary I can fill out a formal software grant.