From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Make Git happen
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:14:24 GMT
Hi,

> I've never used GitHub.  It doesn't have a way to monitor commits that
> couldn't send a notification to flex-commits@?

The problem I see here is that github (and git) encourages local branching, so peoples experiments
and patches are not always going to be public.

There's still the outstanding issue of how to close off pull requests - it's been in JIRA
for months with no comment or resolution.

> So what are really the minimum requirements of the Apache Way?  For sure the
> mailing lists and voting and the processes for earning committer-hood.romatic
I'd add all work must be done in public. Having code in github is slightly problematic from
that point of view as while it's public ASF has little control over it.

Having a github mirror of an a ASF hosted git repro (which we basically have now) seems the
best way forward to me.

Thanks,
Justin