From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Make Git happen
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:54:00 GMT
Hi,

> I see this as a flawed argument. In SVN I could basically keep a bunch of
> code for experiments and patches on my local machine without committing as
> long as I want, making it not public.
I worked with both (and many other VCS) over many years and that what I've seen happen. Of
course as they say your millage may vary.

> The valid point here is that code in GitHub would be outside of the'control' of ASF.
Yep I think that is the main point.

> I disagree with this as it will continue to complicate the workflows
How does it complicate work flows? Committer commit patches via git, everyone can work either
via git or github - that's what everyone wants right?

 We voted for the gitflow model with cherry picking and working in a develop branch, it's
hard to make that more complex :-)

 The only issues I can see is closing pull requests and I'm sure that's possible, and the
fact that the github mirror may lag a little behind the git repository.

Thanks,
Justin