From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:18:53 GMT
Hi,

> Some months ago my thoughts was very different, but right now that a full
> rewrite is required, my opinion is clear about what to choose, and for
> something new, I choose Haxe.

Can you outline what would be require to convert the existing Flex framework for use with
Haxe? MXML (and binding) would be a stumbling block no?

Assuming it was complete? How hard would it be for existing applications to be converted to
use the new framework?

I'm rather sceptical than even if the Flex framework was converted to Haxe (via conversion
tools or otherwise) and we could target JS that way that it would be performant. unless someone
tried I guess we don't know.

Out of curiosity have you tried/taken a  look at the AS3 to Haxe converter?
http://haxe.org/com/libs/as3hx

Justin