From Hordur Thordarson <hor...@lausn.is>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:25:29 GMT
On 17.11.2012, at 03:32, Jeffry Houser wrote:

> On 11/16/2012 10:25 PM, Hordur Xtest2 Imap wrote:
>> Also, when Steve J started his crusade against Flash on the iPhone, part of the argument
was HTML5 is so good you can do anything with that, that you can do in Flash. Fast forward
a few years and the reality is almost all mobile apps are native apps, not web apps. Some
think that will change eventually, I don't.

>  A very common criticism of mobile apps and Native App stores is that the bulk of apps
are just a "Wrapper" around HTML / web sites. Now; I don't use, or know about, enough apps
to be able to gauge the truthfulness of such criticism.  But, I have heard of quite a few
approaches to make native apps using HTML5.

If I remember correctly, the FaceBook app on iOS was exactly such a case, it was an app but
underneath was either fully web based bundled as an app or at least heavily based on web tech.
 Users complained about it for a long time as it was glacially slow, even on the latest iPhones.
 Eventually FB caved in and created a fully native app.