From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:33:45 GMT
Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 11/30/12 9:45 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>> A note about MXML, since the parse DOES create and AST during parsing
>> of an MXML file, and MXML uses the IDefinition API, we can catch MXML
>> code at the same intersection we are getting the AS code at, the AST
>> definition stage.
> OK, I wasn't sure where the dividing line is around AST. Yes MXML nodes are
> in the parse tree, but appears to be a different set of nodes than what AS
> generates.

>>> It occurred to me that I think MXML does not go to AS or AST, it goes
>>> straight to ABC, so we'll be customizing that code in some way as well.
>>

>> I doesn't got to straight ABC, it does go to AST then ABC. Everything
>> has to be AST first to then go to JBurg ABC reducer.
> You could be right, but I've been in
> org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor. I
> don't see it using reducers/emitters/JBurg, I see it setting instructions
> directly.  But I might be missing something.

Take the below for instance;

MXMLFileNode(MXMLFileID) ""
   MXMLDocumentNode(MXMLDocumentID) "flash.display.Sprite"
     MXMLInstanceNode(MXMLInstanceID) "spark.components.Label" id="lbl"
       MXMLPropertySpecifierNode(MXMLPropertySpecifierID) "x"
         MXMLIntNode(MXMLIntID) "int"
           MXMLLiteralNode(MXMLLiteralID) 100
       MXMLPropertySpecifierNode(MXMLPropertySpecifierID) "y"
         MXMLIntNode(MXMLIntID) "int"
           MXMLLiteralNode(MXMLLiteralID) 25
       MXMLPropertySpecifierNode(MXMLPropertySpecifierID) "text"
         MXMLSingleDataBindingNode(MXMLDataBindingID) "DataBinding"
           MemberAccessExpressionNode(MemberAccessExpressionID) "."
             IdentifierNode(IdentifierID) "model"
             IdentifierNode(IdentifierID) "labelText"

We have access to that tree when parsing. Instead of thinking we have
to parse this INTO ActionScript AST, we can think of this as MXML AST.

My point is, we would create a .js generator for MXML dialect. It
"might" even be adeventagious for us to create this implementation
becasue we "could" treat some parts of MXML differently than a plain
ole ActionScript class.

So we do have the AST at the same exact point we have ActionScript
AST. I was never saying MXML AST was ActionScript. I was saying we
have MXML AST to work with, and working with it's AST by not being
converted to ActionScript could actually be a bonus.

Note: There is nothing different about ActionScript AST when I go to
traverse it's tree. There will a a walker that knows how to traverse
the tree based on .as sematics. The same can happen for .mxml, a
woalker will know it's semantics and walk the tree correctly based on
MXML.

Also note, this is basically what JBurg does and produces. We just
want total control so there dosn't need to be experts on JBurg to fix
bugs with tree walking.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC