From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJS] concepts
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:19:58 GMT
I hate adding on to my own reply but I have on more comment on this.

As Dan and I were discussing and others as well, performance.
Obviously browser execution is top most priority but what about the
other performance not mentioned... the community contributions.

If you have something as complex as what FlaconJS is on the backend,
with 1 maybe two part time developers to push it forward only because
they are the only ones that understand it (JBurg, SWF). Then where
does this actually leav the performance of the project as a whole?
Dead locked in stale code as the months and years role by.

I'm usually not this passionate about something but, I think it would
be a serious mistake to count on FalconJS in it's current
implementation. I have years of experience in a different area then
the professional engineers, which just means maybe I have a unique
perspective here.

So bottom line is, I really think we need to think about whether the
current js generation of js or whatever other platform we do is
feasible to carry on into the future being maintained by developers
that may not have a computer science degree.

Long story short, by not choosing the correct implementation of the
cross compiler now, we could seriously be affecting the other
performance area of this project in the future, lets not neglect this
important area.

Go look at TypeScript's parser and emitters, they use the same visitor
pattern using straight AST!

Mike