From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJS] concepts
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:06:59 GMT

jangaroo/jooc/backend/JsCodeGenerator.java

This is the exact pattern I was talking about implementing. I think
it's so solid and you have done a great job at implementing it.

As I have said in previous posts today, The way FalconJS digests it's
AST is through SWF visitors. You are using straight AST from your
parser.

Folks, having Frank drop this line and the discussions going on at the
moment, there are definitely a couple different paths that can be
taken with producing javascript.

If I have my way we would use an implementation like Franks, the
problem with it as it stands in Apache is there is no infrastructure
built like Frank has built, this is why the engineers used an SWF to
represent that infrastructure.

The problem with the current SWF/JBurg implementation is it VERY
confusing for most developers. With Franks implementation I was able
to understand what he was doing today within 20 minutes and could jump
right in and start coding things. With the current FalconJS emitters
there is no way that would happen.

So, I would love to see if we could think about a common goal to
energize both projects and see where one could help the other. I truly
believe now by looking at the code BEFORE this post our projects have
the exact same goal but can do different things.

Mike

Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com
http://blog.teotigraphix.com