From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: FalconJS "Demo" checked in
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:27:20 GMT
Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 11/28/12 10:48 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think you can pretty much throw away about 1/2 of my thoughts below
>> based in my misunderstanding of the emitter stage. I wanted a visitor
>> pattern, it's being used in the JSEmitter.
> There seems to also be a CMCEmitter as well as a JSEmitter.  The
> CMCEmitter.java is generated by Jburg.  I tried looking at the Jburg stuff
> and gave up.  I hope I don't need to go in there any time soon.
>
> Anyway, now that you understand the code better, any idea what it would take
> to create a FalconJava?

The problem I see is my impulsive thinking. :) When I wrote about that
idea a week or so ago, I didn't think it through, I will be the first
to say it.

I think I can pretty much say that the fact Falcon spits out nasty
javascript as an emitter, java would bee a piece of cake. joke...

The problem is, I would and others need to think about "where" and
"What" would hook into Android java.

Are we creating just views? Are we creating business logic? As you can
see I have confused myself here.

What would be really kewl is if someone reading this says, Mike I bet
you can go from A to B to C then D. If I saw the whole prototype flow
in front of me I probably could make it work some how.

JBurg is just grammar, it took me about 3 months to finally learn
ANTLR and it's rewriting syntax. So if I had a clear path of what I
was trying to prototype with Java I would put time into learning JBurg.

What would be interesting is paralleling what you are implementing in
JS (your proto components) with Java Android. I know some people would
say this is ridiculous but it would be a path to a prototype.

On that note, there is a huge curve we have to overcome to get AS
moving over to
Java with JBurg. I guess the only way to find out is trying to figure
out JBurg. Someone around here is going to have to know it eventually
or we are going to be drifting on a boat with no one knowing how to
sail. :)

I will see if I can get a hello world thing going with the jburg
framework, I haven't even looked at it.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC