From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FALCON] It starts with an idea
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:34:24 GMT
Yes, it does exist and Google has don a fine job promoting their
layout designer etc.

Coming from years of Flex development and MXML application design I
can certainly say that although using XML as they do is great, having
a compiler like the MXML compiler could offer a huge abstraction that
their XML could not match.

Plus the extension side of being able to produce their layout XML OR
straight Java constructs is compelling enough for me to want to try it.

One of the great things I am realizing about Apache is I don't work
for a corporation and even the WC3. I work for myself fulfilling
something I see that could help "something", maybe myself as centered
as that sounds.

Regardless of this idea I have, my point is this. One of Adobe's
marketing schemes was to throw crap on every wall possible and market
it as such with huge holes in between.

Apache Flex will get a new life if us committers and community realize
it didn't work then and it won't work now. (The one size fits all). I
want to start off with point specific tools that do 1 thing. I have
developed enough tools to know you don't invent a swiss army knife
until you have invented the knife, screwdriver, cork opener etc. Once
you have all the tools you can then put them together.

As far a JavFX well, I don't know I haven't used it.

Like I said, I have no stake in Flex and I want to stay away from the
Flash Player and AIR. This doesn't mean I won't contribute if momentum
goes in a certain direction, just that I want my own dream that isn't
canned into the cliche'd 2012 HTML5 hype.

Mike