From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject [FALCON] It starts with an idea
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:06:50 GMT
Hey,

I just wanted to state this in a new thread so others might know my
intentions as a committer for the time being. Some of you might have
noticed I am quite interested in the compiler and plan on donating a
lot of my time to it helping Gordon out with tests and trying to get
the community involved by documenting some of the more obscure features.

One thing I want to note;

At this point in time in my life I really don't care about Javascript.
Really, I don't and it's never going to be a badge on my backpack of
life.

That being said, I see my contribution in the project a process of joy
and invention. Just writing something to Gordon a second ago I
realized what that is. The only way I can continue is if I have a
goal. That goal is realized by the fact I program Java android and do
extensive UI stuff with music applications I have coming up in the
next 2 years using a Java C++ toolkit I have been working on the last
10 months.

What does this mean? MXML -> Java Android UI like View and ViewGroup.
Man I have no idea how the hell I could do it but I know I want to and
am going to try.

Getting into the MXML compiler the last couple days reminded me of the
diamond in the haystack we have.

Anyway, more thoughts to come, this was a off the cuff ramble.

Peace,
Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC