From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject [FALCON] Functional Testing
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:17:51 GMT
Hi,

I finally have some time to get back into the deep recesses of the
compiler which I will say is probably the place I can afford to spend
my time.

Now, We have unit tests and SWC functional tests. We do not have MXMLC
functional tests as it stands. Cyrill has a basic template he has
started in his GITHub account which basically mimics the way we do it
with a SWC.

My question is, I can see this getting mammoth with mxml, fxg etc
sample files. How do we go about organizing this so we can test the
functionality that seems broken as we fix it?

I have had thoughts of trying to reduce the Exceptions down to unit
testable artifacts but in the case of the FXGTranscoder exception,
this is impossible to unit test since it needs MXMLC to get to the
Exception.

Any thoughts?

Mike

--