From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:31:15 GMT
MXML codegen uses a "class directive processor" but not a BURM.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 10:08 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm

On 11/30/12 9:45 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
> A note about MXML, since the parse DOES create and AST during parsing
> of an MXML file, and MXML uses the IDefinition API, we can catch MXML
> code at the same intersection we are getting the AS code at, the AST
> definition stage.
OK, I wasn't sure where the dividing line is around AST. Yes MXML nodes are in the parse tree,
but appears to be a different set of nodes than what AS generates.

>>> Using the IDefinition API, with loaded SWCs gives you member and
>>> class resolotuion so I might actually start with that higher level
>>> and not strictly IASNode parser nodes.
>> It occurred to me that I think MXML does not go to AS or AST, it goes
>> straight to ABC, so we'll be customizing that code in some way as well.
>

> I doesn't got to straight ABC, it does go to AST then ABC. Everything
> has to be AST first to then go to JBurg ABC reducer.
You could be right, but I've been in
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor. I don't see it using
reducers/emitters/JBurg, I see it setting instructions directly.  But I might be missing something.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team