From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:09:55 GMT
I think that developers can continue to build good apps with AS3 and V11, but I'm assuming
-- perhaps wrongly -- that the demand for them is going to decrease because companies see
that Adobe is no longer investing many resources in them. Hasn't demand already fallen off
over the last year? Are developers on this list still able to earn a living building new Flex
apps, or are you maintaining old ones?

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Fréderic Cox [mailto:coxfrederic@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:01 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flex 5 in haxe

I understand what you mean here but isn't that always going to be the case. AS4 will go into
maintenance mode, then AS5 etc.. What I don't understand is why AS3 is not good enough for
a Flex 5 version or even Flex
6 which will export to multiple targets. Can you elaborate on that?

Output should be a invisible layer (JS, iOS, Android, SWF, .. Shouldn't matter for the developer).
I think most developers like Flex because of the ease-of-use(binding,mxml), rapid development(OOP,
components, ..) and multiplatform (mobile, desktop, ..) and I don't see the need for AS4 there҆
but I'm not export on the subject (just eager to learn more about
it)