From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 19:34:53 GMT
> Currently I see no compelling reason to move to the new VM when it comes out. Once we
know more about it that may change but it sounds like it wont be compatible with AS3.

The new VM will not execute the old bytecode that any AS3 compiler currently produces. Adobe
is turning its new Falcon-based AS3 compiler into an AS4 compiler that produces the new bytecode
for V12.

> The existing one for the moment works and is likely to be around for many many years.

Yes, Adobe isn't going to "break the web" by discontinuing V11 support any time soon.

- Gordon