From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [FALCON] Fonts Question
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:18:57 GMT
I'm not sure. The engineer who did the font embedding for Falcon left Adobe recently.

We felt that the compiler shouldn't be doing font embedding because it is inefficient to transcode
the font more than once.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:02 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FALCON] Fonts Question

On 11/12/12 1:46 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> Then you would have a compiler that you couldn't distribute because it
> required Adobe JARs.
No, that's the way Apache Flex distributes MXMLC today.  Everything compiles and runs, but
embedding doesn't work if you haven't gone out separately and downloaded the Adobe font jars.

I'm just wondering if how hard it would be to re-purpose some of that code from MXMLC into
Falcon.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team