From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [FALCON] Fonts Question
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:18:05 GMT
For Apache Flex, you should require or download fontswf as a prerequisite and use it to turn
the font files used by the Mustella tests into SWF files. Then the Mustella tests should embed
the fonts from the SWF files.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 1:01 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FALCON] Fonts Question

Ugh, I knew I was forgetting something.  There is no embedded font support for Falcon.  I'm
not even sure fontswf will work.  Gordon may know more.

I was going to look into copying code from MXMLC to do some of the font embedding, but either
way I think we do need to remove any dependencies on Adobe (fontswf is also Adobe licensed)
and write our own transcoder.  I'm told it is straightforward for CFF fonts, but it might
be more work for the older fonts.

That said, looking forward at Flex on JS, is there font embedding in HTML/CSS?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team