From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architecture?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:50:55 GMT
Option 2 ... +1

   I would think the community is already based around the current framework.  Having more
deployed targets based on what we have currently sounds like a way to broaden our target audience.

   How about we continue to correct and fix the current Flex framework.  Could we start a
new namespace that we could use to build up a partial new framework for a future transition
to?  It just feels like rewriting everything from scratch would take a long time and would
basically be a separate project.

   I'm also envisioning the amount of work the developers using Flex will have to go through
to convert to a completely new framework.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: s├ębastien Paturel [mailto:sebpatu.flex@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 7:50
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architectured?

After several discussions about the difficulty to break UIComponent for
example, and the whole re-architecturing of flex SDK issue.
I'd like to launch this poll to see if there's a consensus about it.

So in your opinion flex SDk:

1- Need a complete re write
2- Can be re architectured from the current code base

Thanks