From "Yvon Sauvageau" <ysma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] tag (was: Re: [VOTE] "The more designer tools exist for Apache Flex, the more attractive Apache Flex becomes")
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:13:39 GMT
There was nothing wrong with your tone. And as you put it, there was no tone
at all.

Yvon

-----Original message-----
From: Michael Schmalle <apache@teotigraphix.com>
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Thu, Oct 4, 2012 15:20:12 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [POLL] tag (was: Re: [VOTE] "The more designer tools exist for
Apache Flex, the more attractive Apache Flex becomes")

Since my tone was being questioned, how am I as a volunteer supposed
to react to a statement like this?

"
I still doubt, though, that this designing and skinning tool, you are
proposing, can be created by one person alone. If the Adobe Catalyst
team couldn't finish Flash Catalyst within 4 years of development, how
could you possibly do that just on your own?
"

Who says I am working alone in the Apache Flex project? How did the
conversation between Om, I and others prompt a statement like this?

Mike

Quoting Michael Schmalle <apache@teotigraphix.com>:

> Quoting Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Michael Schmalle
>> <apache@teotigraphix.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not voting on this but, I understand the tension here, I would bet a
>>> great deal of money on the effort put into getting Adobe to release
source
>>> code for FC or the Visual Editor of FB is never going to happen. Alex in
>>> his own way has hinted at this in a couple of emails.
>>>
>>> Why this thread even exists is beyond me Sabatian, didn't the thread
about
>>> creating a visual designer that exists and was being talked about
between 2
>>> involved committers kind of preempt this?
>>>
>>> Before anybody goes bashing me, just note I am not putting an ounce of
>>> hope or thought into FlashCatalyst or FlashBuilder's DesignView becoming
>>> Apache Flex's design view savior.
>>>
>>> In the eternal words of those that don't like to waste time, cut your
>>> losses and move on.
>>>

>> While I don't agree with the tone I do agree that I don't see a point to
>> this poll. If you want a visual editor start building it. If people like
it
>> then it will be picked up. It's that simple.
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Campos
>>

> There is really no tone, it more coming from the fact that there is
> a conversation about solving a problem, he doesn't want to be
> involved in solving that problem from the perspective of what people
> can do that are involved with the Apache Flex project.
>
> That survey existed 10 months ago and nothing has changed, we only
> have Alex basically saying no way, no how 10 months later.
>
> Sabatian, I did catch one of your comments regarding our "design
> view" project and you basically said with a couple people involved
> it's impossible and that is why you are continuing the push to get
> FlashCatalyst in CS7 or whatever version you said.
>
> The way I see it is there are major circuits and cross talk
> happening and it's diluting the substance of trying to solve a
> problem.
>
> Mike
>
> --
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC