From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: mustella performance
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:18:54 GMT
I don't know why that would happen, but I can share with you my experience
running the -all tests. I use a MacBookPro and on several occasions found
the machine's CPU meter at 100% and barely responsive, running the tests
very, very slowly. This was 1 or 2 months ago now. What we (Alex, Carol,
and I) do is shutdown virus scanners and backup software when we run the
tests. A normal "quick" run of a couple hundred tests always seemed fine
to me. It was just the large test suites that involve compiling thousands
of SWFs. I don't know if the machine tries to compile multiple SWFs at the
same time or not; perhaps Alex or Carol can answer that.

Since the tests take a while to run, try to make sure all non-essential
programs are stopped and let it go overnight. If other folks on this list
are more machine-savvy than I, please weigh in with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems