From Peter Ent <>
Subject Re: Mustella Update
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:00:37 GMT

Mustella is 98% Flex (there is some Java code to manage launching of the
tests and such). A "test" is actually two files. One file is the "test
SWF" which is a main program MXML or AS file that contains the items to be
tested, such as a DataGrid, along with any other data required by the
test. The second file is the "test Script" which is an MXML file with
<TestCase> elements. The items within the <TestCase> elements set up the
objects defined by the test SWF and then manipulate them by changing their
properties or interacting with them. Many tests contain a bitmap
comparison with a baseline image to detect changes in the visual aspect.
Tests can also contain assertions against the property values to make sure
a values remain true to the original values.

To run a test, both the main test file and the test script files are
compiled into a SWF and executed. The Mustella script has a
-rerun argument that will skip the compilation process, but most of the
time the files are compiled with each run.

I hope this explanation helps.

Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems

On 10/22/12 9:41 AM, "Ram Lee" <> wrote:

>I have checked some of the Mustella tests, they are all MXML source file,
>in my experience, don't we need to compile the source file to swf to make
>it run? I am trying to understand how Mustella works.
>Many thanks for any help.
>在 2012-10-22,21:27,Carol Frampton <> 写道:
>> On 10/22/12 9 :14AM, "Kessler CTR Mark J" <>
>> wrote:
>>>  About a 2 months ago, I was offering to help Peter come up with a AS
>>> class to manipulate command lines paths / parameters.  He was having
>>> issues with some spaces and irregular arguments.  Original posts titled
>>> "Re: Getting Mustella to work" .
>>>  He wanted to focus on knocking out the Mustella tests first before
>>> getting distracted with other things.  Which I agree with.  I had
>>> a new class and emailed the group with the intent of coming back to it
>>> when the Mustella tests have been updated.  I believe it sounds like
>>> mostly been corrected / updated.
>>>  So I was hoping to find out if the classes would get a once over and
>>> if possible a direction to continue them or if it is no longer needed I
>>> can just archive it.
>> I know Peter is working on the "spaces in path" issue now but I don't
>> anything more than that so we'll have to wait for him.
>> Carol
>>> r/s,
>>> -Mark

View raw message