incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:48:54 GMT

On 10/19/12 9:40 AM, "Om" <> wrote:

> We have potential fix but that is not tested.  We don't know how many new
> issues that the fix would introduce.

Feel free to post the patch and/or tell us more about it.  Does it make
sense that I could have seen this problem intermittently in English?  I just
tried the installer in Portuguese on my Mac and couldn't reproduce it.

> Any time you add code, there is potential for new bugs be introduced.  I
> don't want to take that risk now.
If we release and find that we get lots of complaints from international
customers, we'll really be in a hurry to get this fix in and release again,
so let's analyze the change now.

We are potentially days away from releasing.  Not sure how long it will take
to get those IPMC votes.  Might as well fix the problem now while we're
waiting.  If the IPMC votes for RC7 before we nail this problem, then fine,
but if they won't vote because of this issue, then we'll be that much
further ahead by working on it now.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message