From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:20:37 GMT

On 10/19/12 8:57 AM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not about 7 RCs.  The 7th RC just got enough votes and we are going
> to promote it to an actual release.
>
> Close to 20 people voted +1 and we got 2 -1s.  As a release manager, I
> think this is good enough for a release.
If 20 people vote +1, you have way more than "just enough PPMC votes",
however you are still lacking IPMC votes.  If you know a definite fix for
this problem, my guess is we could cut another RC and get the 3 +1s before
any IPMC folks get around to voting.

> The issue is not blocker since there is an obvious workaround.  And there
> are no security implications.
I don't fully understand the bug.  I know twice when I started the app I was
missing English strings on the left side.  Is everyone who has a default
locale other than US english going to be missing strings on the left side?
Sure there is a workaround, but is that the right first impression?

> I would rather release now than wait for yet another arbitrary deadline
> (4.8.1)
I'm not saying to wait for 4.8.1.  I'm saying cut an RC8 now so we don't
have to start another point release of the installer right after we release
this one.  I would rather focus the community energy on fixing enough bugs
to make a 4.8.1 worthwhile.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team