From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:28:42 GMT

On 10/16/12 12:11 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Maven doesn't provide the means to stall a dependency resolution and prompt
> the user for accepting a license. The only thing you could do is to protect
> access to the repository.
It looks like the antrun plugin would allow me to use ant to prompt the
user.  Haven't tried it yet.

> One way you could simuplate this would by by starting any turnkey nexus or
> artifactory server. There you could deploy some artifacts and configure the
> repo not to allow anonymous access.
> Now someone would need a login in order to fetch the libs. You could link the
> process of creating an account to accepting the licenses you want. As soon as
> someone creates a new account and accpts the licennse agreement, the nexus
> account is created and the user could use this account to access the
> artifacts.

I'm not sure that would be sufficient for Adobe.  For example, we altered
the license between Flex 4 and Flex 4.5.  A login wouldn't let you pick up
that change.

Maybe Apache Flex or Adobe could provide a plugin to show the licenses like
we do in the installer and additionally, remember which ones you accepted so
that subsequent builds can be unattended.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team