From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:41:48 GMT

On 10/16/12 9:58 AM, "Greg Reddin" <> wrote:

> With most projects I've been involved in I've had to manually download
> non-permissive stuff and host it in a company repo like Artifactory. I
> think it's a bit of an unfortunate fact of our existence that Flex,
> for a while at least, will be dependent on non-open source libraries
> like the Flash runtime. It may mean that somebody can't just declare a
> dependency to our code in their POM file and be off and running. We
> may have to document that users will need to manually download and
> install the Adobe stuff before the Flex code will be of any use to
> them. At least that's the worst case scenario.
> Greg
Thanks Greg.  Do you happen to know if those non-permissive licenses allow
for re-distribution within a company?  Are those packages you manually
download full-fledged Maven artifacts or does someone else Maven-ize them?

To others:  Is manual download of the Adobe stuff sufficient?  Or is this
going to be an important barrier for Apache Flex that we need to solve?

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message