From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Is FXG a good long term choice for Apache Flex? (was: Financing the Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Design View AIR App))
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:47:46 GMT

On 10/5/12 6:44 AM, "s├ębastien Paturel" <sebpatu.flex@gmail.com> wrote:

> After Alex mentioned FXG, one important question comes to light:
> should Apache Flex keep use FXG as skining tool?
For now, yes.
> as FXG is tightly linked to Adobe and its tools, can we count on Adobe
> to continue to maintain the use of it? especially in Creative suite tools?
Adobe has made no promises about FXG support into the future.

> by the way, why Adobe chose to use new FXG, instead of SVG? (i bet the
> answer as already been given a few times, sorry for asking again)
I wasn't involved in that decision, but I think I recall overhearing some
discussions about the mapping of SVG to Flash display objects.  FXG files
can be compiled very well into Flash SWF DefineXXX.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team