From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: To AS4 or not (was: Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon)
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:12:22 GMT
Alex, Gordon,

when we could get more info about AS4? I think this new version of the
language and the new version of the AVM implies lots of things and I
think the community needs clear unknowns sooner.

For me a new AVM and language is the place where I would like to see
lots of things that for me are the next evolution of what we have now
in terms of platform and language coding. Things that apply to Flash
as a platform for gamming but that could be leveraged by Flex as well
in a possible new rewrite to support this new evolution.

I'm talking about  Generics, Metadata evolution, Enum, support for
better dependency injection and AOP, to expose only a few... things
that developers (in whatever discipline that you would think: gamming,
app dev, ...) are demanding.

Hope we could have access to what is coming sooner to see what Adobe
is preparing and their vision of how the platform must evolve in the
next years.

Thanks

Carlos

--