From Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <>
Subject Re: Flex on top of Dart (was: To AS4 or not (was: Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon))
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:17:58 GMT
I'm now using JSF implementation Primefaces. It internally uses JQuery
UI and JQuery Theme Roller. I think both frameworks are probably more
low level than ExtJS & Sencha and may be better candidates for
renderer layer in js.

Both of these frameworks are DOM oriented thus will have bright future
in terms of perfomance in browsers. Which as far as I remember is
contradiction to potentially using SVG as renderer for AS components.

2012/10/19 Alex Harui <>:
> On 10/19/12 8:30 AM, "Alain Ekambi" <> wrote:
>> The question is not how to target Flash player without AS, but how to
>> target non flash player runtime from an AS written framework.
> Agreed.  And maybe an API layer over Dart will work, but I doubt full Sencha
> will be in the picture.  ExtJS?  Some other JS UI framework?  Maybe.
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.