From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I give up (was [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC6)
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:35:39 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...No software is perfect.  The longer we scrutinize this the more problems we
> will dig out, which frankly are getting trivial and trivial...

To add to the general empathy, I'd say that this particular module,
which downloads (and I initially thought also installs, but it looks
like it's not the case in the end) binaries from non-ASF sources,
makes all kinds of alarms go up in my ASF old-timer brain.

Releasing a more usual code module would hopefully have been much
easier, though the first releases of a new podling are often hard and
frustrating - on one side the ASF's requirements for a release are
quite strict (for good reasons), and also the Incubator docs could be
much clearer about what's expected.

-Bertrand