From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the essence of Flex? its future and the Next runtime
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 23:05:58 GMT
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM, sébastien Paturel
<sebpatu.flex@gmail.com>wrote:

> What is your source omar?
> Its so important for flex to know that...
> If flex won't work on any new mobile device because Adobe AIR only support
> AS4, it is a survival matter IMO.
>
> Le 19/10/2012 18:26, Omar Gonzalez a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Charles Monteiro
>> <charles@nycsmalltalk.org>**wrote:
>>
>>  "but according to its new strategic shift it will be with the new gaming
>>> runtime only!  "
>>>
>>> Do we know this to be true ?
>>>

>>>  Yes.
>>
>> -omar

Search the mail archives, it was in a recent thread, either a comment from
Gordon or Thibault. The focus of the new VM is gaming. That doesn't mean we
couldn't leverage gaming enhancements for a rapid application development
framework. I was just stating that  yes, their strategic shift and focus
for the new VM is gaming.

-omar