From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 06:27:56 GMT
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM, M├ętairie, St├ęphane <serial_sm@ebu.ch>wrote:

> This page shown a rudimentary but interesting Roadmap that doesn't come
> magically by itself there ;)
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Status+of+Project

No, it doesn't automatically appear there. People that are working on Flex
have to update it, but guess what? Nobody is updating it. They're probably
not updating it because they would rather spend their time working on Flex.
As a committer I hardly have time to mess with Flex, when I do have that
time, I am not going to spend it playing with a Wiki. I'm going to spend it
playing with Flex. I'm sure others feel similar, or this status page would
have more information in it.

> I'm insisting that Decision Maker won't drill down the web site to reach
> the confluence wiki to find this page, won't subscribe to this list, etc.

So if a decision maker isn't going to look for the "Status of Project" page
then what makes you think they'll drill down the web site to search for a
roadmap?

> The final aim (for a volunteer-based project too) is the Flex life
> continue, isn't it?

Yes. A roadmap isn't going to prolong the life of Flex. But people
committing, making patches and contributing will.

Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org
Apache Flex PPMC