From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex - with updated License screen
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 21:18:15 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> Thanks for putting in all this work.  I built the trunk and ran the DMG.  I
> have a few comments:
>
> When you first get to the licensing screen, it says:
>
> "These components have license agreements other than Apache License V2."
>
> But the very first thing in the list on the left is "Apache Flex SDK" which
> is ALV2.
>
> We could reword that first blurb, but I think that the "Apache Flex SDK"
> option doesn't need to be there?  Other Apache installs don't require
> acceptance of the license?

I am more inclined towards rewording the blurb.  Apache Flex SDK is one of
the components we are installing and it makes sense to prompt users to
explicitly agree to the Apache license.  I dont see it being any different
than the other components we are installing, in this regard.

> I didn't go past that screen, but I assume nothing else changed?  The links
> to the licenses for AIR SDK and PlayerGlobal look right to me.

Visually, nothing else has changed in the other screens, but code-wise -
I've changed up quite a bit of the logic that takes care of the
installation of components.