From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:26:36 GMT
> Hi Mike,
>
> Let me add some more details.
>
> We have no plans keeping ASC 2.0 (and above) in sync with Falcon, as I
> said previously, today the compilers are different projects and targeting
> two different audiences.
> But for some key/showstopper bugs fixed in ASC 2.0 Gordon will integrate
> them back.

Hey Thibault,

I respectfully beg to differ ;) ASC2 is an actionscript3 compiler, whether
this compiler
compiles as3 source code for a game or a bunch of business logic doesn't
really matter,
any kind of speed or stability improvement will benefit both targets.
MXML isn't something that gaming is much concerned with, I agree, but that
is a separate
part of the compiler framework which can be maintained by Apache Flex
without getting in
the way of the actionscript backend (IMHO)
Therefore, I think all of us would REALLY appreciate it if any improvements
to ASC2 could
be pushed into Apache Flex as well.
I understand that this is probably not your personal call within Adobe, but
I'd like to make the
statement anyways ;)

Thanks for dropping in and keeping us informed!

cheers,

Roland