From Sebastian Mohr <>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Financing the Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Design View AIR App)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 22:48:14 GMT
@christofer dutz ... thanks for sharing your thoughts. +1 from my side!
Flash Catalyst CS5.5 is a charm for interaction designers like me.

Sincerely Yours,

Sebastian Mohr
Apache Flex Developer (PPMC),
Interaction Designer & Musician

On Oct 3, 2012, at 7:21 PM, wrote:

> Well isn't it usually that way around?
> I create some general UI scetches using some tools like blamiq mockups and deal with
negoitating the functionallity with my customers. As soon as the component works as desired
I go "pimp my app" and give it to a designer to have it pimped.
> Using Catalyst this was really easy (As soon as you had a desiger at hand that was used
to it and it's concepts). I was even able to let the designer skin a running application deployed
by me somewhere on the web, so I didn't have give away the code of the application itself
or setup the environment at the designers office. This workflow was the major breakthrough
for me and was one of the major things that made me shift allmost entirely to the Flex road.
> It's a real pitty to have it dropped and wasted :-(
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
it really wasn't extensible as to what components it could handle.
> The principle behind it (that you can take designer art and break it down into components)
is compelling, but I question whether it remains valid in a world of dynamic UI.
> It is also interesting to note that you used it in completely different way than it was
intended.  It was for a design-first-then-develop workflow and you did it the other way (which
is what I do when I have a choice as well).