From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: About Flex runtime
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:55:16 GMT
I didn't changed the swf version at all, only the playerglobal.version =
10.3 in the build properties and the corresponding FP in env.properties :

env.FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER=T:\\opt\\flashplayer-10.3.183.29\\flashplayer_debug.exe
#env.FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER=T:\\opt\\flashplayer-11.1.102.63\\flashplayer_debug.exe
#env.FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER=T:\\opt\\flashplayer-11.3.300.268flashplayer_debug.exe
#env.FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER=T:\\opt\\flashplayer-11.4.402.287\\flashplayer_debug.exe

When I changed the version of the FP in env.properties, I noticed the same
failures meaning it is not dependant of the version of FP I use (until the
version is greater than the globaplayer's one).

I didn't change the SWF version. I was then wondering what can make the font
rendering changes.

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Alex Harui
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:10 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: About Flex runtime

On 10/27/12 5:32 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Looks like 10.3 chooses antialiasing differently than 11.1
>
> I can be wrong but it doesn't seem relative to the version of the Flash
> Player because whatever the Flash Player version I was using during the
> tests while compiling with playerglobal 10.3, the number of failures was
> the
> same, can it be related to the way the compiler treats the resources ? is
> it
> based on a given playerglobal version ?

I'm not sure what things you are changing.  In my tests, I built against
playerglobal 11.1 and used the ApacheFlex 4.8.0 flex-config.xml which sets
the SWF version to 14 (IIRC).  The SWF version is probably the most
important thing.  If you set it to a lower number, that probably puts the
font rendering on a different code path and that will show up regardless of
Flash Player version.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team